Student Voice has convened a coalition of over a dozen youth-led education organizations to craft student principles to ensure education equity is prioritized as schools reopen in the fall amidst COVID-19. The Education Justice Collective has authored ten guiding principles for reopening, called the Move School Forward campaign. To sign on to the campaign and view the full principles, case studies, accompanying research and calls to action for young people, visit the Move School Forward website.
- As the pandemic spurs rapid change, our network of student advocates is responding to the issues most pertinent to young people. Move School Forward is the latest in our series of rapid response advocacy campaigns and details student crafted principles for justice in our schools.
- Since our #TestOptionalNow campaign launched in March, nearly 200 universities have gone test-optional and the College Board issued guidance to academic institutions requesting testing flexibility. We’re continuing to call on students to support a more equitable college admissions system by signing our petition and using our letter writing guide to encourage a university near you to go test optional.
- In partnership with the Future Coalition’s daily Social Community Series, we are providing weekly webinars and community building sessions for young people nationwide. See our full schedule below.
- We are partnering with networks, organizations and local advocates to host intergenerational dialogues about the future of schools. Email us if you’re interested in collaborating to host one in your community.
Here's what you need to know:
- We hosted a healing circle for Black students this Sunday, June 7th.
- Explore resources and web pages to transition to online, non-graded or other forms of learning.
- Additional webinars on various COVID-19-related topics will be hosted soon.
- You can submit resources to be featured on this page, donate to our emergency fund to support students, or speak in a webinar.